My friend Everett's Mama, Amy (I go to playgroup with them), has lived in Valdez for almost 15 years, and she says this is the worst summer she's ever seen here. So that kind of makes me feel better, because it can't get much worse than this, right? I'm just excited because she said the last time they had a cold and rainy summer (apparently it's usually sunny every day and in the 70's during the summer...I wonder what she meant by "the 70s?") the winter following was hugely snowy - she said she would wake up one morning and the snow was to her waist. She'd shovel (or snowblow) and then two days later it was up to her waist again. And it went on like that the whole winter. That's a lot of snow, and I can't WAIT!!!
I think the rain and cold are starting to affect Mama. She actually let me play with pudding and chocolate syrup in my highchair on Sunday. It was fun, but a word of advice to all you budding finger-painters out there - chocolate syrup does NOT feel good when rubbed in and about the eye area.
Here are some pictures from the past few weeks (and months). Oh, I took my first steps on Sunday!!! I'll be running away from Mama and Daddy even faster very, very soon!
1 comment:
Awe...she's growing up so quickly!! Quite adorable too ;)
Post a Comment