Monday, April 21, 2008

The Sun

I've been having a really hard time sleeping lately. It seems like every time I try to go to bed, there is sun shining into my room. It's there when I wake up (any time after 5am), and even when I go to bed for the night (really late - sometimes not until 7:30pm!) it's bright and hot. My Mama put a thermometer in my room tonight before I went to sleep and she told me it got up to 78 degrees! I guess during the summer here it gets light really early and stays that way until really late. I don't know why. Mama said something about the Earth's axis and the seasons...I wasn't really listening, because I had some cool new bath toys calling my name. I asked Mama to take a picture tonight after I went to bed, and she took this at 8:45 (it's after 10 now, but don't tell her I'm on the computer - she HATES it when I get up to surf the internet!). The really white things in the back behind the trees are called mountains - the sun is shining on them - they're everywhere here!

Photobucket

Anyway...I guess the sun shines straight into my room from 2 or 3 in the afternoon until about 8pm. Maybe it will stop doing that soon? Mama says not to get my hopes up. In the meantime Daddy said he is going to try and buy me some blackout blinds. I already have blackout drapery, but they really are no match for the amount of sun I'm getting. Oh, well.

No comments: